September 22, 2023 | Recipes
We love sharing flavours from around the globe; Prepare to travel from Germany to Asia for a Lunar New Year inspired delicious Pork Shank recipe.
1 Freybe Pork Shank
4 Cups of No Salt Chicken Stock
1” Piece of Ginger, Cut in Half
1 Star Anise
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Place the Pork Shank in a braising pot.
- Add the chicken stock, ginger, star anise, clove, and soy sauce to the pot and seal with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place in the oven for 2 hours. After an hour has passed, check to make sure there is enough liquid in the pot. If there’s not enough, add water.
- Once the Pork Shank has been in the oven for 2 hours, remove from the oven.
- Remove the Pork Shank from the pot and set aside.
- Place the pot with the braising liquid on a stovetop at medium heat and reduce to your desired consistency and taste.
- Pull the bone from the Pork Shank (this can be reserved for soup if desired) and remove the pork skin.
- Chop the meat and place on a platter, pour the braising liquid over the meat.
- If desired, slice the pork skin and add to the platter as well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Oven temperatures and heating times may vary.