September 2, 2021 | Recipes
Cooking for a hungry crowd this weekend? This delightful hash recipe is both hearty and colourful. Perfect for weekend mornings with the family.
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) grapeseed oil
- 1 Freybe Dry Spanish Chorizo Sausage, diced into about ½ inch (1 cm) cubes
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced into ¼ inch (0.5 cm) cubes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ green bell pepper, diced into ¼ inch (0.5 cm) cubes
- 2 to 4 sunny side up eggs
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Preheat oil in a large cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium high heat. Add chorizo and fry, stirring frequently, until hot and crisped, about 4 minutes. Transfer chorizo to a plate leaving any rendered fat in the skillet.
To the hot skillet add onions and sweet potatoes. Season vegetables with a good pinch of salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium. Cook vegetables, keeping them in a single layer and stirring often, until potatoes are just about cooked through, about 10 minutes. Stir in green pepper and cook until peppers have softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add chorizo back into vegetable mixture and adjust seasoning to taste with extra salt and pepper as desired. Top hash with eggs and garnish with sliced green onion.
Serves 2 to 4